Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Washington DC

Well, we're home from a wonderful 10 days in Washington DC! Like I said, it was a great time.. touring Washington, visiting churches, and hanging out in Accokeek, Maryland, our home-away-from-home! Our two favorite places in Washington were the Lincoln Memorial and Arlington Cemetery. We visited Covenant Life and Capitol Hill Baptist Church, meeting Joshua Harris, Bob Kauflin (and his family- we spent the afternoon with), Mark Dever, and many more people! And when we were home, we played with goats, fed the horses, and gathered eggs from the chickens on our Slippery Slope (oddly named...) Farm!

We had a great time, and as we went over every day in the car, I realized just how many memories we now have from these ten days as a family. I thank God so much for the wonderful time He gave us; the good weather, success in navigating for all (minus one) the things we went to and saw, giving us parking spots, and testing our patience first! And especially for safety- driving 10 hours there and back, about an hour drive to Washington itself every day- all this driving and He kept us safe! I am so thankful that we were able to go on this trip, and that we're all back safely and without any pain (except for about a million mosquito bites!). AND I am excited to go back to Grace Fellowship on Sunday!!!!!

Well, as you might expect, we took a ton of pictures. I'll post at least a few up here for now... and maybe more will come! Enjoy!








The Lincoln Memorial... in case you couldn't tell.... :P




Slippery Slope Farm!! Where we stayed!!




Two of the baby "goatsies" as we called them.. I think these are Elsie and Daffy (as we named them) but it's hard to tell without seeing much beside their faces...




Arlington Cemetery (I have to contribute this photo to Allie...)




Me and one of the baby goatsies!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so beautiful!

rollerchloester said...

thanks laura! :)